Sunday, September 13, 2009

Who knew?

When I sent out the email blast to my contact list about the petition I was starting, I was well aware that easily half of my friends were on the opposite side of the political spectrum than myself. I was frankly worried that they would think that I was trying to impose my political beliefs on them, and I didn't want to offend them.

Was I ever wrong! If my friends are any indication, both Democrats and Republicans are fed up with the ever growing weight of our federal government. So it turns out we do indeed have common ground, probably more than we realize. We might be a little right or left of center, but we mostly seem to believe in the same general goals for our country.

The consensus I am seeing from the petition is that we want the government to listen to us and not dictate to us. And we want them to be on the same playing field as us.

No comments:

Post a Comment